General Regulations & Rules
1. The Championships shall be governed by the General Regulations for FIDE
Competitions and these Rules.
2. There shall be 6 categories; namely Under-07, Under-09 Under-11, Under-13, Under-15 and Under-17 with separate events for Open and Girls.
3. Entitled to participate are players who shall not have reached the age of 7, 9, 11, 13, 15,17 before 1 January 2015:-
Under-07: Born before 1 January 2008;
Under-09: Born before 1 January 2006;
Under-11: Born before 1 January 2004;
Under-13: Born before 1 January 2002;
Under-15: Born before 1 January 2000;
Under-17: Born before 1 January 1998.
4. The following have a personal right and are entitled to participate provided they fulfill the condition of Rule 3 above:-
4.1 The Champions of the World Schools Championships 2014
4.2 The Continental Schools Champions 2014.
5. FIDE member federations & FIDE-endorsed Chess Academies shall have the right to send as many players as they wish.
System & Schedule
6. Time control: Each player shall have 90 minutes for 40 moves and 30 minutes for the rest of the game with the addition of 30 seconds per move starting from the first move.
7. Where possible, each category shall be conducted in the Swiss System of 9 rounds.
6 May 2015 :After 1200 hour Arrivals
7 May 2015 :0900 hour Technical Meeting
:1430 hour Opening Ceremony
:1530 hour Round 1
8 May 2015 :0900 hour Round 2
:1530 hour Round 3
9 May 2015 :1530 hour Round 4
10 May 2015 :0900 hour Round 5
:1530 hour Round 6
:2030 to 2330 hour Social Nite
11 May 2015 :1530 hour Blitz Championships
12 May 2015 :1530 hour Round 7
13 May 2015 :1530 hour Round 8
14 May 2015 :0900 hour Round 9
:1530 to 1930 hour Awards Ceremony
15 May 2015 :Before 1200 hour Departures
Designation of the Winners
9. The final ranking order of the players is determined by the number of points scored. If
at the end of the tournament two or more players are tied for the first place or for any
prize, the tie shall be broken as in accordance to the following:-
9.1 Direct Encounter
9.2 Buchholz Cut 1
9.4 Greater Number of Wins with Black Pieces
9.5 Greater Number of Wins
10. Before the beginning of the first round, a list of the prizes to be awarded to at least the
10 highest placed participants, including special prizes shall be published together with
the rules for their award. The Organizer shall also award Gold, Silver and Bronze
medals to the players taking the first three places in each event.
11. For Under-13, Under-15 & Under-17 categories, finishing first equal up to 3 players
shall be awarded the FM/WFM title. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be
awarded the CM/WCM title.
12. For Under-07, Under-09 & Under-11 categories, finishing first equal up to 3 players or
Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the CM/WCM title.
13. Certificates shall be awarded to players who finish in the top 3 positions.
14. Certificates of Participation shall be given to players, FIDE accredited trainers,
managers, and the FIDE appointed Technical Officials.
15. The Appeals Committee shall comprise 3 persons one of whom may be the FIDE
Technical Delegate. In the event that the Appeals Committee is appointed by the
Technical Meeting, there should be an additional 2 reserve members and in this case,
no member shall take part in a decision affecting a player of his own federation.
16. A protest against the decision of an Arbiter must be submitted in writing to the Chief
Arbiter, within two hours after the end of the playing session.
17. A protest fee of 200 €uro shall be payable to FIDE which is refundable if the protest is
upheld. The Appeals Committee may also decide to refund the fee if it considers the
appeal was not frivolous.
18. The decision of the Appeals Committee is final, binding and takes effect immediately.
19. From the duration of arrival and until departure, the Organizer shall insure the
participants against accidents and the need for medical services including cost of
medicines in case of acute illnesses, surgical operations, etc. The Organizer shall not
be responsible for medical services needed for treatment of chronic or other illnesses
which already existed before the arrival at the Competition.
20. All players and accompanying persons who require a visa to enter Thailand must send
a copy of passport (page with photo and key information) to the Organizer before the
deadline of 7 March 2015 after which the Organizer shall not be responsible.
Playing Venue & Official Hotel
21. The Playing Venue & Official Hotel shall be the DUSIT THANI PATTAYA, a beach
resort in Pattaya town which is about 45 minutes’ drive from the international airport.
22. All players and accompanying persons must be accredited and stay at the Official Hotel.
23. The rates are USD 87 per person per day inclusive of 3 meals; whether twin or triple
sharing. For single room, the rate is USD 155.
24. The Organizer shall provide free board and lodging (in twin share rooms) for players
mentioned in Rule 4 above as well as for one accompanying person per federation (with
minimum participation of 6 players) and provided he holds a valid licence as FIDE
25. In accordance to the FIDE Financial Regulations, the Entry Fee for players is €40. This
shall be paid directly to FIDE.
Name of Account: Federation Internationale Des Echecs
Name of Bank: UBS Bank
Account Number: 243 – 342087.63Y
IBAN: CH54 0024 3243 3420 8763 Y
Bank Address: Case Postale, 1002 Lausanne, Switzerland
26. All players and accompanying persons must pay a Registration Fee of USD 125 to the
Organizer. The Registration Fee is to include the costs for airport transfers,
Accreditation Cards, Certificates, etc.
27. The travelling costs of all participants must be paid by themselves or by their national
Registration of Participation (as per General Regulations for FIDE Competitions)
28. At least 3 months (Before 7 February 2015) before the beginning of the Competition,
a federation shall register its intention to participate with the Organizer. This is a
Preliminary Registration and should indicate the number of players and other
29. At least 2 months (Before 7 March 2015) before the beginning of the Competition, the
participating federation shall submit its Final Registration of participants. The birthdate
of each player must be given and must correspond with the birthdate given in his
passport or other travel document. All travel documents must also be submitted if visas
are required. The Organizer shall not be responsible for late submission and application
30. Prepayment of at least 50% must be paid before the deadline of 7th March 2015.
The rest of the payments shall be made before the start of the First Round.
31. Entry Fees for late registration, withdrawal or no show shall be charged as follow:
31.1 Late registration after the deadline (7 March 2015):
two times of stipulated entry fee
31.2 Withdrawal after submission of registration:
two times of stipulated entry fee and one night’s hotel expenses
31.3 No show after registration:
two times of stipulated entry fee and two nights’ hotel expenses
31.4 If a player/team registers late and withdraws or does not appear:
the federation will be charged the higher penalty.
31.5 The Organizer must send to FIDE the list of participants one week (14 March
2015) after the registration deadline.
Registration and Payment
32. Organizer: Asean Chess Academy
Contact Person: Mr Ignatius Leong
Tel: (65) 96337946
33. All Bank Transfers are to be made to:-
Name of Account: ASEAN CHESS ACADEMY PTE LTD
Name of Bank: DBS Bank
Address of Bank: 6 Shenton Way, Singapore
SWIFT Code: DBSSSGSG
Account Number: 070 – 900185 – 8
34. Each Federation may register only one performance before 1600 hour on 8 May 2015.
Any number of players may participate in the performance.
35. Prizes shall be awarded for the best performances. The number of prizes shall depend
on the number of performances; minimum best 3; maximum up to 25% of the number
35. A panel of judges shall determine the results.
36. Arbiters and Trainers Seminars will be held from 11 to 14 May 2015.